The new year is upon us. I decided to do a recap of my resolutions/ goals were for 2016 and see if I even came close. Spoiler alert: I FAILED miserably. But, I am not upset about that fact at all. So, quickly, here is what was posted a year ago:
Therefore, my goals include the following:
1. Blog once a week (topics may vary depending on what I’m feeling)
2. Exercise a minimum of 5 days a week for at least 15 minutes
3. Create short (15 minute) workout videos to post to Youtube
4. Continue to work on my healthy eating habits
I clearly failed at writing a blog once a week. The positive is that I branched out and wrote about a variety of topics and had good feedback on the posts involving “field trips” with my family.
The exercise plan and the workout videos did not happen. Right at the end of January 2016 I found out I was expecting our second child. This little babe was taking all of my energy. I literally was napping daily. I was happy to workout 3 days a week.
Finally, the eating. Welp, I was pregnant. That is not an excuse but a reality. With my first I craved fruits and ice cream. However, with this little one I craved queso and chips. I probably had that for dinner 4 nights a week for the entire second trimester. The October hit, I had baby B and then began wedding and birthday festivities. Of course cake was abundant during this time! I have become addicted to sugar.
NOW…to make plans for 2017. For this upcoming year I am going to improve what I’ve already started the last quarter of 2016.
1. Continue to increase number of workouts and intensity of workouts
2. Continue to use my planner to schedule dinners, cleaning and workouts- I found creating schedules really helped me feel less stressed about returning to work after baby B was born.
3. Attempt a technology detox while my kids are awake- this needs to happen so I can remember all of the fun things my kids do since I only get a few hours a day with them.
I will use these resolutions as guides for the year. If I am feeling as if I have accomplished the goals, I will re-evaluate and write new goals. What are your plans for the upcoming year? Did you accomplish what you wanted for 2016?