This week started the Quidditch tournament with the Hogwarts Running Club and let me just say, my team is #FawkesingAmazing! This team is full of encouragement and great spirits. The constant updates and stat breakdowns have been extremely helpful to see where we are in the tournament. I can honestly say I have checked my racery team stats more than Facebook. So, let’s get to the weekly fitness report.
- Saturday: Vacation treadmill run plus 3 mile walk on the beach in the middle of the day!
- Sunday: Treadmill run and walking Universal Studios Diagon Alley and Hogwarts for 12 hours. Yes, we stayed in that portion of the part nearly that entire time.
- Monday: 2.5 miles treadmill run
- Tuesday: 3.5 miles in the morning on the treadmill and then 2 mile walk during lunch
- Wednesday: 3 mile treadmill run
- I seriously had no desire to get up this morning because I worked a 12 hour day on Tuesday and was woken up at 3:30am by our daughter who doesn’t sleep well. But, I did it because my team was expecting miles from me.
- Thursday: 3.2 mile treadmill run
- Friday (AKA: my birthday): 2.3 miles- my daughter came downstairs at 5:30am so I had to stop sooner than I wanted.
Now, I will say I am doing far less miles than half the members of my team. But, I am getting up every morning at 4:30am and getting some miles in to contribute. The team goal to reach the finish line first and provide prize money to the Back on My Feet foundation is motivation. I have really enjoyed this challenge and will definitely complete more of them in the future!
As I mentioned last week, I was going to start writing down my food I ate throughout the day. All of it, the good, the bad and the seriously not healthy. Well, I did that. What I realized was that I was not only eating super unhealthy most of the time, but I was not eating any fruits or vegetables. Like seriously, maybe twice this week. I had a salad one day and that is all I can remember for the vegetables. This is the one thing that will help me finally take off the rest of the baby weight. I can no longer give myself excuses. I need to start focusing on being healthy for myself and my family.
This coming weeks goals will include eating at least one fruit and one vegetable a day. This is something that will need to increase obviously, but I need to start with something attainable for the moment. I will also continue to write down what I eat and participate in the second half of the Quidditch tournament. What are your goals for the week? Do you have someone to check in with or report back so that you are being accountable? I’m happy to help! Until next time, be confident, be fit, be you!