It has been a week to say the least. It was a good week as far as life goes. We had a baby shower for some family members, I had a good week at work, no one got sick or hurt. Overall, a good week for the family. On the flip side of this is the workout plan. My goal was to workout five days this week. I wasn’t successful and that seriously bums me out. So let’s do a quick recap.
- Saturday: Baby Shower cleaning, set up, hosting and cleaning up
- Sunday: Finish cleaning up from baby shower and Trick or Treat with our 3 year old (her first experience and it’s been entertaining to watch her try some of the candy. So far on the no list: nerds, smarties, and whoppers)
- Monday: Treadmill workout
- Tuesday: Upper body workout with a treadmill warm up and cool down
- Wednesday: Treadmill workout
- Thursday: woke up for my workout and BOTH kids decided it was also time to wake up. It was not a good start to my day.
- Friday: Upper body workout with a treadmill warm up and cool down. I even woke up at my normal time knowing I wasn’t going to work today. I’m heading out of town for a friends wedding!
Getting four workouts in during the week is still good. I was able to push myself a little more on the treadmill and with my weights. I just don’t like falling short of my goals.
This next week starts off in Florida with friends! I am taking my workout clothes and I intend to use them. Upon my return, I start the Quidditch challenge with the Hogwarts Running Club online. The original goal per person was 1.5 miles a day, which was completely doable. However, the Headmaster (yes, I’m starting to show how much of a nerd I am) has upped the miles to 4 a day. This means I’m really going to have to bust my tail to get the intentional miles needed to help my team. I will just focus on the fact that I am doing this for a greater cause than myself. The teams that place in the top four will have prize money donated to the charity they are running for, in my case Back On My Feet. So, there is some incentive to push hard and go strong!
My goals for this next week will not only include picking up mileage but also starting to watch what I eat. I’m still having major sugar cravings that started with my second pregnancy. I have got to cut the habit and start eating healthier. The husband and I both agreed that we were eating out too much. So, not only will I be eating healthier options I make at home, I will be saving money. For my first food goal, I’m going to write down what I eat. This is a great start to see just exactly how much I’ve been eating.
What will your goal be for the week? Are you apart of any online racing communities that help you push and reach your goals or stay active? Until next time, be confident, be fit, be you!